Monday, November 7, 2011
Wednesday, November 2, 2011
They decided just to watch him over the 48hour period and have let us come home. Thank you, Lord! The boy is looking pretty good and is getting back to normal. We have a few things to clear up before he returns to school on Monday, but overall nothing we haven't dealt with in the past. Thank you all again for the support. He is a resilient boy!
Monday, October 31, 2011
well, they have decided not to scope ike today. we were ready for it, but since he seems to be recovering so well they dont want to be as invasive as we thought. so now he is under two day observation and making sure his gut is working well. they will just watch his blood work and make a determination on thursday. stay tuned... and sorry those who are commenting. the posts are being received but we are not able to get them posted.
Sunday, October 30, 2011
doctors have looked the boy over and he is looking pretty good. they will have a scope and biopsy tomorrow and we can only hope and pray the organs have survived the infection. it is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. if things go well, we may leave this week. if not, who knows. but we are in familiar company and our son is acting normal again.
Saturday, October 29, 2011
Friday, October 28, 2011
Thursday, October 27, 2011
they just took him off the vent again, but he is awake and recognizing people in the room. he is trying to talk and ask for food and drinks. things looking good so far today but waiting on newest lab results. thank god for prayers and support.
Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Well, Isaiah was awake for a little while today. He still has the vent tube in his mouth, so he can't really talk, but he was sure trying to. He is having issues keeping his blood platelets up, so they are infusing new ones in a process called blood dialysis. It's a really big machine, but whatever keeps him stable we are all for. Labs still look good, so we are hoping the transplant is still doing well.
Further updates as things progress, but he seems to be doing OK for now.
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Sunday, October 23, 2011
isaiah kidneys put a lot of output last night. he dumped almost a lter and a half? this is good news as well as he is starting to get agitated. hopefully he will wake up soon and we can get him off the vent.... keep praying.
Friday, October 21, 2011
Bad news on the home front. After a weekend at Worlds of Fun and riding his first roller coasters, Isaiah ended up sick on Monday at 4am. We took him in due to 103* temp and it has been a roller coaster week. He had to be put on the ventilator Tuesday at 1am, but has been more stable as the week has gone on. He was identified with strep, but the sudden onset caused the medical staff to check him for meningitis, which was negative. He is still on the vent 4 days later and they are currently working to make sure his kidneys aren't shutting down. He's been through this type of thing before, but it was usually because of having a central line. This was all just so sudden and really has us all on edge. Please continue to pray. We're hoping there won't be long lasting effects to the transplant, but we had early word the pancreas may have stopped producing ... Will update as we can.
Friday, January 7, 2011
Quite the ham-bone as we start the next part of the year. He's managing well in school and everyone had an excellent Christmas break. Family in town, Ike was in good spirits, and no Omaha. So I guess we can start a new streak of "not" being there for Christmas. He's looking a little dry, but so far the labs have been good. So going to increase some fluids and see how things go. Short and sweet, but in this day and age that is a good thing! God Bless everyone and have an awesome New Year!