Our Fundraisers

#1 You can join Isaiah's FIGHT on facebook and donate with a debit/credit card. CLICK HERE TO GO TO ISAIAH'S CAUSE on facebook.

#2 You can mail a check to their church-write ISAIAH somewhere on envelope or in the memo of your check:

Lifestream Christian Church 204 East Main Street Gardner, KS 66030 Phone: 913-856-8088

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

So hard to write this today...

Aaron and I had a heart to heart about our boy today. Aaron said that Isaiah no longer watches TV. He no longer wants to play games, he will only watch. He tried to refuse to go see his hospital teacher today and he LOVES her-Aaron made him go anyway. He doesn't want to walk and he wants to sleep all the time when he is not screaming in pain. His door is closed all the time in the hospital because you can hear him everywhere on the pediatric unit.

His pain is not controlled with every attempt to manage it. AND the plan is for discharge to home next week. His pancreatic enzymes are going crazy, I saw a copy of his labs today. Isaiah is going to need some VERY intensive care when we get him home. I can't even imagine what it will be like. Is he going to scream all day and all night too? I don't even know what to do for him. I'd chew my own leg off if it would help him. I just pray for God to shield him somehow or comfort him. Isaiah needs some heavy duty motivators so he will want to live-Aaron and I are going to have to think of something quick...

13 comments:

  1. i feel your anguish, get him hi puppy, let him get excited...it'll give him something to look forward to. animals are healing too, in the UK the hospitals have special days where animals visit teh wards...aaron used to love it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep your spirits up and remember to think positive even when you want to pull your hair out. Isaiah sounds like a fighter and will continue to fight with motivation and a puppy doesn't sound like a bad idea! (grin) Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won't say I know what you are going through. But please know my thoughts and prayers are with you all. You have an amazing little boy there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry that Isaiah is having such a terrible time right now. Praying he will get some relief from all that pain soon.

    Hugs,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello from Texas,I have been devastated by the news. I would love to visit. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.
    A puppy is always a good choice also.
    I love and miss you all so much.
    Hugs and kisses to my beautiful little guy.
    Grandma Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there! Tell him that a puppy is waiting at home - animals are such people lifters! Continue to pray - you have so much support!
    My prayers are with you and your family.
    Take Care
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  7. I visit here every day. I pray every night. My heart aches for the things your little guy has had to endure in such a short time. Your family has great love and strength and I hope you can trust that our prayers can lift some of your burden from you. I just wish I could "fix it" like my son thinks I can do. "Fix it mama" is what he always says when something needs repair. He thinks I can fix everything. I wish I could. . . I really really wish I could. Sending a billion cyber hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe the hospital could bring in therapy dogs? No dog lover can stay blue with a sweet doggie face around to love on. Ya never know, it might help, even if it's not his. Will he take phone calls? We'd love to call and try to cheer him up if you'll let us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aaron and Johnson family,

    A scripture that has always helped me put life's tribulations into perspective:
    Doctrine & Covenants 121

    A Prophet, in despair, asks:
    1 O God, where art thou? And where is the pavilion that covereth thy hiding place?
    2 How long shall thy hand be stayed, and thine eye, yea thy pure eye, behold from the eternal heavens the wrongs of thy people and of thy servants, and thine ear be penetrated with their cries?

    And the answer he receives:
    7 My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment;
    8 And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes.
    9 Thy ariends do stand by thee, and they shall hail thee again with warm hearts and friendly hands.

    We keep you in our prayers.

    Joe and Jackie Mitchell

    ReplyDelete
  11. I "hear" the mama love in your post. Sweet Isaiah and your entire family continue to be in my prayers.

    I am close (Osawatomie, KS), if there's anything I can help with please let me know!

    ReplyDelete