Our Fundraisers

#1 You can join Isaiah's FIGHT on facebook and donate with a debit/credit card. CLICK HERE TO GO TO ISAIAH'S CAUSE on facebook.

#2 You can mail a check to their church-write ISAIAH somewhere on envelope or in the memo of your check:

Lifestream Christian Church 204 East Main Street Gardner, KS 66030 Phone: 913-856-8088

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Still Smiling


So, Isaiah's temp has been steady now at 38.0 degrees since the "great draining" took place. That is 100.0 degrees in fahrenheit. It had been at 101.0 degrees before that (38.5). I'm so sorry-it was pointed out to me today that a fahrenheit conversion would be helpful. I hadn't even thought of that.


Since he was throwing up yesterday, they put in a big ol' post op nasogastric tube to suck anything extra out of his stomach. It is very uncomfortable and not fun to put in at all.


The good news is that today was free haircut day at the hospital. There is a group of volunteers from salons around the city that come and give haircuts to pediatric patients. Isaiah loves to experiment with his hair-after his transplant in 2007 I let him get a mohawk and we dyed it blue. He's still smiling in spite of everything....


Feeling a little better today, I think. It just takes so long to get him better and I want him home with me!!!! He's been in the hospital since Feb. 16th...

3 comments:

  1. I have only been to your blog for a few weeks, but if you could see the smile on my face as I look at your little man's smile, you would think I have known you for ages.

    How cool! Haircut day. I tell you, people amaze me. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from Texas!
    Of course he is so handsome with that new haircut. His smile is all I need to make my day complete.He has always been a little miracle.
    You are all in my prayers.
    Love ya,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new haircut! He has such a handsome smile...what a trooper! Praying he'll be home with you soon. :o)

    ReplyDelete